Celebrating 5 Years of Electric Vehicle Leadership
In 2016, EV Week was 5 years old and California was — and continues to be — the EV Capital of America! We celebrated electric vehicle innovation — from solar charging solutions to the latest EVs, including the new fuel cell vehicles.
In 2016, Charge Across Town brought educational and experiential ride-and-drive events via the The Best.Ride.EVer campaign across California. Part of this campaign, EV Week 2016 took place at Pier 27 in San Francisco. This two-day event coincided with Fleet Week and the location on the waterfront meant that over 100,000 people passed by the event. Twelve vehicles were available for test drives, including four different fuel cell cars that were very popular. EV Week included exhibits from numerous EV, charging infrastructure, solar and other clean power organizations.
- Ride-and-Drives: 597
- Estimated Touches: 100,000
- EVs for R&D: 12 vehicles total – Nissan LEAF (2), Kia Soul EV (4), Toyota Mirai FC (3), Honda Clarity FC, Hyundai Tucson FC, Mercedes B-Class EV (6 FC – fuel cell cars)
- Static EVs: 6 vehicles total – Nissan LEAF, Kia Soul EV, Toyota Mirai, Mercedes FC, Ford C-Max ENERGI, Chevy Volt
EV Showcase of informational booths and demonstration areas, with:
- Static displays of the latest electric cars, motorcycles, scooters, e-bikes, and skateboards.
- Grid and mobile solar charging solutions were demonstrated, along with utility rate and rebate program information.
- Community partners such as SF Environment, Center for Sustainable Energy, CleanPowerSF, and others were on hand to talk about clean transportation alternatives and renewable energy.