EVs for Everyone!
Charge Across Town’s EV Week 2023 will highlight the consumer choices, growing infrastructure and environmental benefits of being an EV driver! With over 50 different electric cars on the commercial market in California in 2023, a growing used EV market, new technologies in personal emobility, and infrastructure here today, a transportation revolution is happening on your street. This year’s EV Week is about connecting EVs with our environmental efforts and showing people how they can make a difference!
In its 11th year in San Francisco, where the bay area is the #1 metropolitan area for EV adoption, EV Week will take place this October with a kickoff party, an electric transportation exposition and consumer test-drives during Fleet Week 2023.
The venue is Pier 27, in the state-of-the-art James R. Herman Cruise Terminal, with a high performance, closed-loop outdoor test-drive track. The Charge Across Town Team will be surveying participants on current attitudes about transportation and electric vehicles. The event is FREE to the public, and will be professionally staffed by CAT, partners, student interns, and EV enthusiasts. We will reach tens of thousands of people and conduct 500+ test-drives during this Fleet Week weekend!
During Fleet Week, EV Week 2023 will showcase battery powered electric vehicles, bikes and scooters, along with cleaner modes of personal transportation. An exhibit area will provide informational booths and demonstration areas, with static displays of some of the latest cars, motorcycles, scooters, and skateboards. Grid and solar charging solutions will be demonstrated, along with utility rate and rebate program information.
- 2-day EV Ride and Drive, and EV Showcase in the heart of The City
- Held at Pier 27 in San Francisco, a large outdoor space with bay and city views and a half-mile closed-loop track for test drives
- Target of 500-700 test-drives on a high performance, closed-loop track
- 15-20 vehicles (BEV, PHEV, FCEV)
- Approximately 100,000 people walk by Pier 27 during Fleet Week weekend
- Concierge Service: Using online tools, an on-site evaluation of participant’s needs, such as what size of vehicle they need, available charging options, miles driven, and how to qualify for available incentives.